ACM ICPC 2014

From 21th of June, 2014 till 25th of June I took part as a volunteer in World programming championship.

My first day I spent meeting teams in Koltsovo airport. I had to meet participants, lead them to a bus and give them some information about Ekaterinburg during our trip to Park Inn hotel. This text I got at the end of May and it was called Transfer. Frankly speaking, not all the facts given in Tranfer were useful. I still remember a greeting: "Good morning,  dear guests! Welcome to Russia, welcome to Urals, welcome to Ekterinburd!". It was funnny :). We had to learn it by heart.

Well, this is me waiting for my team.
Finally, they arrived. 

My second ICPC day I worked as a "living arrow".

This arrow was so big! I think I look funny staying with it near to Kosmos(food-court). Many people took a photo with me. I was really inspiring.

Third day I spent counting people entering to a canteen. 
And made selfie with really cool guy. He is a couch of NYC Univercity. This team became the best in South America and was on the 13th place!

There was a show with clowns, jugglers and socket after closing ceremony. It was so exciting to sing Russian songs with foreigners. ^^

Then we went for a walk along the bund, visited keyboard. We were talking during the whole walk! Discussed music, art, travelling, programming. They gave so much inspiration! I'm going to be a programmer, but it's so difficult to study that sometimes I'm ready to give it up. They asked me not to stop, and I promise, I won't.

Last day I worked in Panorama hotel. I just accomponied participants from hotel to a bus to the airport.

ICPC was really wonderful experience! Thank you, Ekaterinburg, for this opportunity!

p.s. Today I received a postcard from NY :)

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

#24 Рюкзак

Как правильно грустить

100 дел. UPD